What Are The Benefits of Therapeutic Music?
Music provides people with ways of understanding and developing their self-identity; connecting with others; maintaining well-being; and experiencing and expressing spirituality.
As anyone who has ever come home from a long, stressful day at work and put soothing music on the home stereo system can attest to, certain kinds of music can have an immediate effect on one’s psyche. Since the organized development of therapeutic music, research and clinical trials have shown that bedside music healing can boost the immune system, lower the heart rate and have many other measureable improvements in one’s overall health.
Research shows that live music can provide several health benefits, including:
• Reduced blood pressure
• Stabilized heart rate and respiration
• Decreased muscular tension
• Improved body movement and coordination
• Reduced need for pain relievers
• Relieved anxiety and stress
• Increased endorphin levels
• Boosted immune system
• Sharpened mental focus
• Accelerated recovery and healing